Control and secure your documents with KYOCERA MyQ
Control sensitive documents and reduce printing costs
MyQ is a server-based application that streamlines and secures your document management. The embedded Print&Follow application increases printer efficiency and speeds up the printing process: instead of sending a document to a given device, users send it to the MyQ server that all the devices in the office can access. The document can then be printed from any free device. This helps reduce printing queues and increases the overall security of documents, as the device does not release the document until the sender has logged in and selected it for printing.
When it comes to copying, scanning and faxing, MyQ offers a well-structured and easy-to-use interface as well as personalised shortcuts to the settings you use most. What’s more, MyQ keeps detailed statistics about the printing costs generated per project, user or department. Users can also access their personal printing account with a conventional web browser and keep an overview of their print jobs. These features help raise awareness about printing and reduce costs.
- The theft of confidential data could potentially harm my business – How can I make sure no unauthorised person can access my data?
- Finding the correct settings for scanning & faxing is time-consuming and difficult – How can I make these processes easier?
- It is hard to track all printing related costs – How can I monitor them to save money?
Your advantages with MyQ
- Authentication: Printing, copying and scanning starts only after the user has logged in at a selected device, using different authentication methods according to your security requirements.
- Secure & Easy Scan offers fast one-click operations that are easy to use and save.
- Accounting: Users can track their printing volumes and managers can better control and reduce printing costs. The tracking of prints alone can help decrease the number of printed pages.
Features & Specifications
With its well-structured and intuitive interface, MyQ simplifies all the processes you need to carry out on your MFP. As you will log in before using the device, MyQ will offer you shortcuts to your most used scanning, faxing and printing settings as well as buttons to quickly choose other options. This reduces the time used to process your documents and at the same time allows you to detect any unusual printing habits in your office. You can also complement your existing printer fleet with MyQ external terminals, enabling them to run with MyQ as if they were brand new.
- Authentication – Access the devices in one step by PIN, ID-Card or Windows Login or in a two phase authentication combination such as ID-Card and PIN.
- Security – Secure printing, data encryption and Print&Follow function ensure that your documents can only be accessed and printed by authorised people.
- Reporting – MyQ keeps detailed statistics about the printing costs generated by a project, user or department.
- Personalised Features – MyQ remembers your most often used settings and saves them as your default settings when you log in.
- Scan to Function – One click changes the destination of your scanned documents and their metadata. You may chose between your MyQ space, home folder, fax server, email address etc.
- Mobile printing – Print documents from your mobile device by simply sending an email to the MyQ server. Printed documents can be collected later by entering your credentials at the device.
MyQ Mobile Terminal
New MyQ mobile terminal application allows you to:
- Choose the device on which your selected tasks will be printed
- Unlock the panel of the machine for copying or scanning
- Have an overview of all machines on each MyQ server and their status
- Print from a favorite or already printed jobs
- Choose your favorite MyQ device on each server, so the devices will be displayed by priority
The PIN code is stored in the application, so you don't need to enter it before each session, which will certainly appreciate not only forgetful heads.
You can download the MyQ Mobile Terminal from the Google Play Store to your mobile device.
MyQ Service Module
With the MyQ Service Module, the system continuously checks whether printers and MFPs:
- Ready to print
- Request for service
- Run out of paper or toner
An email is sent automatically alerting the administrator. It also connects to the reseller server and tracks when orders are placed for toner or service in order to analyse the cost of ownership of a given device. If a device is being overused, for instance, a request can be made to the reseller for a more powerful MFP or more appropriate device.
* MyQ including their logos are registered trademarks of JANUS spol.s.r.o.
- MyQ Infosheet (687.85 KB)
BLI Report 2013
★★★★★ Ease of Use
- Read the full BLI Report (970.8 kB)